Committees & Volunteers
Committee involvement is a valuable way to create lasting connections and establish you and your business as a community leader. The Chamber provides opportunities to support the East End community, learn from peers, connect with community leaders and influencers and gain visibility for potential customers.
If you would like to be involved directly with the Chamber, contact us for volunteer opportunities available in events, office support and marketing. To join a committee, please fill out the form available below.
Chair: Kenny Barhanovich
The Membership Committee works to recruit new members, corporate members and assist new member engagement.
- Help recruit new members and provide leads to chamber
- Call and welcome new members
- Territory visits to help close leads
- Visit inactive members as part of retention
- Participate in membership orientation quarterly
- Attend networking events and promote membership
Directory Subcommittee: This is a committee works with Membership Director to secure advertisements for the directory. Committee will meet twice a month August-January and once a month February-July. Committee will meet 1 hour, once a month throughout the year and twice as a month as needed.
Chair: Rolando Flores, BB&T
- This is the Public Relations Division of the Chamber with committee members attending ribbon cuttings, chamber breakfasts, luncheons, after hours and special events. Members also visit members on a regular basis to ensure membership retention. Committee will meet 1 hour, once a month throughout the year. Meeting scheduled for last Wednesday of each month.
Chair: Todd Stewart
The Luncheon Committee plans and implements Chamber Luncheons, Education Symposium and Port Appreciation Day. This committee will select a Chair Person for each luncheon and on the following:
- Plan and review event program/timeline
- Recommend & secure speakers
- Solicit corporate sponsorships
- Assist with check-in and greeting
- Prepare updates for Board meetings
- Solicit support from Board of Directors Committee will meet twice a month, 3 months prior to a Luncheon.
Committee Chair will meet with staff weekly 1 month before a luncheon is to take place.
Golf Tournament Committee
Chair: Andrew Arizpe
The Golf Tournament committee will host the 2017 Annual Golf Tournament. Board members are responsible for assisting with programming and silent auction.
- Program – Assist with coordinating the program for the Golf Tournament. This includes selecting the venue and helping with the agenda.
- Sponsorship – Responsible for selling 2 hole sponsor and or 1 foursome.
- Honoree – Help select an honoree
- Chair Selection – Help nominate and select the Committee Chair
- Catering – Help with selecting a lunch caterer
- Dinner cocktails – Help secure a sponsor for cocktails
- Raffle – Help promote and sell raffle tickets
Silent Auction Subcommittee: This committee will be begin submitting requests for Silent Auction Items from new & existing donors, as well as current chamber members. Committee will meet 1 hour, twice a month from December/January and weekly thereafter through day of event. Committee will meet 1 hour, twice a month from December/January and monthly through day of event.
Economic/Business Development Committee
Chair: Sidney Lacey
- Economic Development /Infrastructure: Committee will assist the Chamber in its pursuit of new business and also work with existing business to develop financial incentive programs to assist with expansion in cooperation with the State of Texas, City, County and other key partners. Committee will meet 1 hour, quarterly.
- Business Development Committee: Committee will focus on creating business relationship, member participation and member retention. Committee will meet 1 hour, quarterly.
East End Celebration Committee
Chair: Becky Rogers
The East End Celebration committee will plan the 2017 Awards Celebration. The East End Celebration will be held at the Anheuser-Busch Brewery on Friday, October 13, 2017. The celebration is held to raise funds for the Education Foundation, celebrate the Chamber, and recognize the East End Heroes in the community.
- Program & Logistics Subcommittee: Committee will plan the 2017 Awards Celebration. This committee will meet to determine and coordinate the catering, photography, entertainment, master of ceremonies and all day of event logistics including program of events. Will also be in charge of securing host and celebration chairs. Committee will meet 1 hour, once a month until June. Committee will meet twice a month, July through August, and weekly in September through day of event.
- Sponsorship/Attendance Subcommittee: This committee’s main focus will be attendance and sponsorships. In addition, this committee will contact the Sponsors of the Chamber to secure guest lists and seats. Committee will meet 1 hour once a month until June. Committee will meet 1 hour, once a month until June. Committee will meet twice a month, July through August, and weekly in September through day of event.
- Silent Auction Subcommittee: This committee will be begin submitting requests for Silent Auction Items from new & existing donors, as well as current chamber members. This committee will also plan, coordinate and execute the silent auction process for the day of the event. Committee will meet 1 hour, once a month until June. Committee will meet twice a month, July through August, and weekly in September through day of event.
- Decoration & Setup Subcommittee: Shall be in charge of planning & executing decorations for the event according to theme chosen and set budget. These committee members will serve as the host/hostess for the night of the Celebration. Committee will meet 1 hour, once a month until June. Committee will meet twice a month, July through August, and weekly in September through day of event.
- Nomination Subcommittee: Discuss and create criteria for East End Hero Awards. Create timeline to request nominations, decide on winners, coordinate awards, and award presentation. Meet 1 hour a month until September. Committee will meet twice a month in September and October.