Front Desk Receptionist (Part-Time)
We're looking for a friendly face to join our community team! We have an opening for a part time receptionist position to assist our residents, field calls and requests and other administrative type responsibilities.
The Front Desk Receptionist is the first person residents and visitors meet when entering the building. Greeting residents and visitors in a way that is both warm and efficient is an important job function. The Front Desk Receptionist creates a welcoming and tidy atmosphere that encourages a prospective resident’s desire to reside at the property and conveys to all who enter the building our high standards of professionalism and attention to detail. Good interpersonal skills, including diplomacy and flexibility, are necessary to interact with residents and guests. A positive presence of confidence is required to enforce community policies.
Duties and Responsibilities
Customer Relation Duties
- Interact with residents/visitors and handle complaints with diplomacy and good judgement.
- Work with people of diverse backgrounds in a professional manner.
- Act with sensitivity towards those who are facing challenges.
- Conduct routine inspections of the building while on shift and properly document findings.
- Report damages and hazardous or emergency conditions to the Community Manager promptly and take necessary action where needed.
- Perform light housekeeping duties as directed by the Community Manager.
- Update all logs and front desk forms daily.
- Handle all telephone communications including answering, call routing, taking messages, etc.
- Monitor cameras throughout the shift, and report incidents accordingly.
- Notify appropriate emergency or management personnel in the event of building emergencies and take action as needed.
- Post and distribute Resident Notices.
- Promote and participate in company and community events.
- Accept and write out maintenance work orders.
- Collect rent and overnight fees and furnish receipts.
- Perform additional duties as deemed necessary by the Community Manager. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Read and write English fluently
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Good organizational skills
- Good verbal skills
- Ability to work with people of diverse social, economic and ethnic backgrounds
- Ability to work independently, with initiative and exercise good judgement in problem-solving
- Willingness to perform varied tasks
- Good working knowledge of computers with a good knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Word
ATTENDANCE AND PUNCTUALITY
Attendance is an essential job function. This position requires the ability to work any of the seven days of the week, 52 weeks of the year. Due to property staffing limitations, it is extremely critical that individuals be able to work their scheduled hours on a consistent basis and, if necessary, overtime hours when required.
Must have the ability to lift moderately heavy objects up to 25lbs. and perform duties requiring extensive maneuverability and normal strength.
Reliable transportation is required at all times. If an employee utilizes the bus service private reliable transportation is required if bus service is not available during an assigned work shift.