Insurance and Healthcare
Major Insurance Companies
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas: 800-581-0368
- Humana: 877-416-8773
- United Healthcare: 800-673-6293
- Aetna: 800-556-1555
- HealthiestYou: 866-703-1259
HealthiestYou, has announced that it will be offering access to general medical care at no charge for residents of the Hurricane Harvey evacuation zones in Texas and Louisiana, in addition to its Red Cross shelter service partnership that offers free Teladoc general medical services to those in shelters. This service is available to any individual impacted during the emergency, and is not tied to current client or health plan accounts.
To receive care, affected individuals should call the designated hotline (855-220-4585) or visit Teladoc.com/Harvey.
- Teladoc: Aetna is making Teladoc available at no cost for residents of Texas affected by Hurricane Harvey. Members can call 855-220-4585 to register and be connected to a physician. Their doctors are U.S. board-certified internists, state-licensed family practitioners, and pediatricians licensed to practice medicine in the U.S. and living in the U.S. When a visit is requested, Teladoc will connect the member with a doctor licensed in the applicable state. More information about Teladoc can be found here.
- Critical medications: For employees in need of specialty medications, Express Scripts is calling all members to determine where they are so critical medications can be delivered to members’ locations or nearby safe locations. (Patients are required to show identification.)
- Eyewear: If you’ve lost, broken or damaged your eyewear in the destruction of Hurricane Harvey, call 866-652-0018 to talk to an EyeMed representative. Agents will have policy-specific support, plus the ability to send (at no-cost) an emergency pair of replacement Adlens Adjustable Glasses. If you prefer to order permanent replacement glasses or contacts, your EyeMed representative can provide free, expedited shipping from Glasses.com and ContactsDirect.com. For emergency replacement Adlens Adjustables, be prepared to provide the address where they can be shipped or whether you will instead pick them up from a designated local store. Glasses will be sent to you with free overnight shipping (must call by 2:30 pm for same-day processing).
- EyeMed is also continuing to work with their network of local Gulf Coast providers and with OneSight to provide additional resources and support.
- CHRISTUS St. Mary’s Clinic is open and seeing patients. For quick reference their address is 2120 South Wayside Drive, Houston, Texas 77023 and phone is 713.803.1840. They accept walk-ins. Sister Rosanne and her team provide fabulous care for the uninsured and underinsured.