See Video Tips from Industry leaders here!
Tips for Business Owners
- Change your company message (phone, social media and website) give an update of how your company is doing and what is going on operationally (internally and externally)
- Forward your phones or include a contact alternate number in your message
- Click here if you need help cleaning up
- Tips on employee management and picking up the pieces after a natural disaster
There are four specific and unique Federal Benefits that cover the following situations:
- Flood Physical Damage to Home and any Personal (non-business) property such as cars, clothes, appliances, furniture, etc.
- Flood Physical Damage to Business (real estate or non-real estate) property such as office equipment, inventory, leasehold improvements, copiers, fax machines, computer systems, etc.
- Damage to rental property or agricultural property you own (including damage to tenant improvements, wells, roads, fences, septic systems, roofs, crops, etc.)
- Economic impact losses to a business or landlord from no available employees, reduced customers, flood damaged tenants, slow collections, etc.
Temporary Operations Assistance
- Temporary boardroom services:
- The Houston East End Chamber has a boardroom available for east end businesses needing meeting space (max 3 hours per meeting); contact information to the left.
- Temporary office services:
- Office In America
- 6200 Savoy Dr. Suite 630 & 1202, Houston, TX 77036
- These services, available during office hours, include covered parking, space where you can do your work, meet with your team, high speed WiFi and coffee.
- Our office hours are Monday thru Friday from 8:00AM to 05:00PM.
Wi+CoWork | Address: 2502 La Branch St, Houston, TX 77004
Hours: Open today · 8AM–6PM
Phone: (832) 418-0167
For a dedicated office for you and/or your team we are offering month-to-month agreements for maximum flexibility up to 24-month agreements…includes support team, office furniture, Wi-Fi, and phone
Free business lounge access at any one of our centers located in Texas, Oklahoma, and Louisiana. Simply drop-in to check email or make calls
Call 1-800-OFFICES (1-800-633-4237) and select option 1 for more details on the workspaces available to you.For businesses dislocated for more than 2 weeks
- If you have been affected by Harvey you’re your company is listed with the SEC and has moved to a contingency plan for more than a week; click for filing information https://www.sec.gov/divisions/investment/iard/iardfaq.shtml
- SBA Business Loans available to repair or replace damaged or destroyed real estate, machinery and equipment, inventory and other business assets http://www.houstontx.gov/obo/harvey/Three-Step-Process-Disaster-Loans.pdf.
- HOJA DE DATOS DE LA ADMINISTRACIÓN DE PEQUEÑOS NEGOCIOS PRÉSTAMOS PARA DESASTRES
- The SBA Business Recovery Center (assistance with SBA Disaster loans) has been housed at their mid-town office off of Fannin. SBA Disaster Team Representatives are on site 7 days a week to assist with the applications for disaster loans. It is on a first come basis but there has not been a backlog of individuals waiting to meet with an SBA rep.
- Unum, G&A Partners’ Employee Assistance Program (EAP) vendor is providing free employee assistance. Program: 800-854-1446 (English) | 800-858-2147 (Spanish)
- If your business is in the Arts or Art related check out some resourceshttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1W14mrWEDgAnmpB8mMnkuwus_DREYvA9Q31eqKU5ESNg/edit#gid=1353759891
- Updates for Houston Ballet and Wortham Theater can be found here:https://www.houstonballet.org/about/hurricane/?id=13891
IRS and Tax Filing relief
Office of Business Opportunity
The Office of Business Opportunity is committed to creating a competitive and diverse business environment in the City of Houston by promoting the growth and success of local small businesses, with special emphasis on historically underutilized groups by ensuring their meaningful participation in the government procurement process.
U of H Small Business Development Center
For help starting or expanding business.
Small Business Administration (SBA) Houston District Office
The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) was created as an independent agency of the federal government to aid, counsel, assist and protect the interests of small business concerns, to preserve free competitive enterprise and to maintain and strengthen the overall economy of our nation.
HCC Small Business/Entrepreneurship
The Office of Entrepreneurial Initiatives was established to build and sustain the Houston business community through effective and relevant educational initiatives to help businesses grow in revenue, personnel and business opportunities.
Goldman Sachs 10K Small Businesses
Through the program (10K Small Businesses), participants will gain practical skills in topics such as negotiation, marketing, and employee management that can immediately be put into action.
RED Labs - University of Houston
RED Labs is the University of Houston's co-working space, startup accelerator, and technology entrepreneurship program
OWL SPARK - Rice University Website
OwlSpark was founded to ignite a passion for entrepreneurship within the Rice community. The impact of OwlSpark has built an ecosystem for entrepreneurs to connect and startup teams to launch.
PeopleFund provides small business loans as well as business assistance and education to people with otherwise limited access to such resources.